With so many screens size out there, how are websites supposed to keep up? That would be accomplished using RWD, or responsive web design.
What is a responsive website?
It doesn’t matter if it’s a desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone, or even a smart TV—responsive web design, also known as RWD design, describes a contemporary web design methodology that enables websites and pages to render (or display) on all devices and screen sizes by automatically adapting to the screen!
Is my website responsive?
- Open Google Chrome
- Go to your website
- Press Ctrl + Shift + I to open Chrome DevTools
- Press Ctrl + Shift + M to toggle the device toolbar
- View your page from a mobile, tablet, or desktop perspective
To check if the pages on your website are mobile-friendly, you can use use a free tool like Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test.
While alternative design strategies, including adaptive design, may also make a website mobile-friendly, responsive web design is the most popular because of its benefits.
Why company owners and web designers should care about responsive web design
Web designers, user interface designers, and web developers no longer have to spend all day and night building websites for every single device that exists thanks to responsive web design. Additionally, it simplifies the lives of entrepreneurs, marketers, and advertising. Here are some advantages:
- One website per device The website will be set up for the user’s best viewing experience, whether it be on a 27-inch iMac with a WiFi connection or from the screen of your Android phone.
- The best layout for the gadget is: All pictures, fonts, and other HTML components will be resized accordingly using the responsive web design method in order to maximise the user’s screen size.
- Redirects are not required: Redirects are necessary in other approaches of designing for different devices in order to guide users to the appropriate version of a web page.
The user may rapidly reach the material he wants to view without the need for redirection.
In terms of cost, responsive web design is also efficient. Because there is only one site instead of two, it is also simpler for you to handle. You don’t need to modify anything twice.
As an alternative, you can manage and maintain a single website.
Examples of responsive web design
Go ahead and use your smartphone to access the Internet and go through some of the websites listed on astrizon.com, an online gallery that showcases responsive web designs, to understand how responsive web design functions.
Look at the same websites now on a different Internet-capable device, such as your laptop or iPad. DevTools are also available for Chrome. Have you noticed how the layouts of the sites adjust to accommodate the device you’re using?
Responsive web design is that.
Astrizon Technology Solutions can help if you’re seeking for expert advice on how to make your website responsive. With over 600 sites launched, we provide responsive web design and development services.